Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I installed SDM on my computer and connected to a Cisco 2612 router.  Theprogram interface starts to open and then a message appears saying, "This is anunsupported router.  SDM will be closed as a result."  From the informationI've been able to gathe...

Hi  every body.I was studying about the distance limitation in ethernet. My question was what  limits the distance in ethernet technology.  One link says   for example,  in 802.3 ethernet,  host must be able to detect collision with in first 64 byte ...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

www.mytatasky.com site is not opening from our network. When I once remove and apply access list (in/out) from Core switch firewall vlan interface its work but after few hours its agin stop working. Anyone can know about dis issue why it is happening...

n_rathore by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Working with a 3750 and pvlans. I cannot route to any pvlan other than the promiscuous port. As far as I can tell I have Laver 3 routing enabled….but then again it’s not working!?!Basically I’m separating out servers from workstations through p...

Can community pvlans route traffic to each other through the transparent SVI without a router connected on a single switch? Routing rules would be based on ACLsPvlan (Community) 250 <---> Pvlan (Community) 260For some reason I cannot get this to work...

All,We have just received a 4900M switch and I am unfamiliar with this model.  I am wondering if someone could guide me in setting up the management port for access via the Cisco Network Assistant?I have the IP info setup and I can ping the switch bu...

tohoken by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I got some 3 Com switches 3Com 3C16985B and 3C16980A. I don't have its console cable.How can I check the IOS version installed in it and upgrade its firmware?How can I reset the switch to factory default so that it just acts as an ordinary L2 swit...

Hi there,I'm having some difficulty changing the local password on a Catalyst 2950. I've logged in through Telnet and have had no problem changing the secret, but for some reason I'm having trouble with the local username/password pair. Can you help ...

JayB1rd76 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hii created a new vlan and added a ip helper-address command. the ip in the helper-address will be my primary dhcp server, but i have my secondary dhcp server how do i add this in the configuration give another ip helper-address to the vlan and how d...

Hi,I have a rather simple question on the physical installation of a 4507R chassis. We need to exchange old non cisco switches to a 4507. Sincecabling within the rack is a little messy it would simplify the installation a lot if i would install the c...

Hi all,I wonder if you can help...?I've enabled jumbo frames on our stack of two Cisco 3750 switches.We're having some re-transmit errors on the the servers connecting to these switches.I'd like to setup some debugging to capture what's going on with...

Hello,I'm trying to create an etherchannel between our cores using 4 x 10GB ports.  I have built the edge switches (3750G's) for the users workstations and I have created multiple trunks to the cores for redundancy I just need to link the cores, howe...