Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a Cisco 1811W router for our connection to the Internet and multiple Catalyst 2948 and Dell 5324, 5448 switches in our network. We have a single subnet network. I recently unplugged one of the Catalyst 2948 switches from the network and about...

itdept by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am completely lost on this one. We have a 6506-E w/ dual sup720B where I work and it started taking massive cpu hits over the past coupleof weeks. After utilizing the debug netdr command I was able to narrowthe culprit down to the ghost server. Fun...

chipsch21 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have read that a VTP client can synchronize a VTP server if the client Revision number is higher than the server.If it is correct to assume that the only switch in a VTP domain to hold the VLAN database is the server, can we say that the VLAN in...

Steph1963 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI own a Cisco Catalyst 2950 running IOS C2950 Software Version 12.1(22)EA9. I have some trouble to express setup it. I have tryed to follow the cisco guide to Clear the Switch IP Address and Configuration. I hold down the mode button until the l...

int po1swsw trunk encap dot1qsw mode trunk!int te5/4swsw trunk encap dot1qsw mode trunkchannel-group 1 mode desi!int te5/5swsw trunk encap dot1qsw mode trunkchannel-group 1 mode desi1     Po1(SD)        PAgP      Te5/4(I)  Te5/5(I)6509EVS-S720-10G-3C...

hi all,I have question about managing bandwidth and speed for a small business company.My ISP is providing me 20Mb of internet and I would like to split in 2 parts as 15mb and 5 mb.I  have catalyst 2950  which is not allowing me bandwidth per port  c...

malesefxx by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. I am trying to assist a client with configuring their 1711 with a VPN tunnel going back to their main office. They have several routers set up in much the same way (see config below). I plugged this router in, setup the configuration with the ...

J W by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,        I have applied auto qos voip cisco-phone throughout my network edge switches. Its working pretty fine. But from where can i get the explanation of each command and its working which is applied by auto qos voip cisco-phone command on the...

Hi,The Auto qos doesnt work under gigaethernet on 2821, on serial its work fine...any solution for this ?thanks

shijuuu by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone. Sorry for my bad English I have a 3750 connected to vlan (trunk vlan 111), in which a large broadcast domain 192.168.0.0/16. Hosts in this vlan ~ 2000, arp cache at peak 1400 MAC-address L3 interface vlan 111 on PCroutere.When I stand...

v.alamzov by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Upgrade 2960S IOS

Dear Expert,Is it possible to upgrade the IOS of WS-C2960S-48TS-S (LAN Lite Entry Layer 2)  to LAN base Layer 2?The IOS is retrieved from "WS-C2960S-48TS-L (LAN Base Layer 2)"I understand that some services and features may not be activated properly,...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card