cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4510 - I'm losing pings to thin clients and pdu units when i bring up a new truck in the network

vartanian
Level 1
Level 1

All,

on my 4510, I have about 36 vlans and 40+ trunks(Cisco 3650, 3750, 2960) on my campus, lately when i bring up a new trunk i lose pings to  smaller devices like a PDU mgmt port or thin client or even a printer which some are directly connected to 4510 and some are not. I don't lose an ping on desktops or servers or network hardware.

When i check the mac address-table don't see the devices, only way i can get them back in the network is either reboot the thin client or ping it from the 4510(core switch).

I can i also duplicate this problem, when i clear mac address-table dynamic address i will lose ping.

KEEP IN MIND this problem only starts after a trunk is added or removed. then after about 20 -30 mins i can not duplicate the problem using clear Mac address from the table, and the devices are directly connected to 4510.

checked VTP accros the board and all are correct.

FYI I can not duplicate the problem by clearing arp by ip address.    

running dual WS-X45-SUP7-E

bootflash:cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.04.00.SG.151-2.SG.bin

any thoughts?

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It could be bug in the version of the code you are running.  You could try a different version and test the same thing by bringing up trunk ports.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card