cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4510 - I'm losing pings to thin clients and pdu units when i bring up a new truck in the network

vartanian
Level 1
Level 1

All,

on my 4510, I have about 36 vlans and 40+ trunks(Cisco 3650, 3750, 2960) on my campus, lately when i bring up a new trunk i lose pings to  smaller devices like a PDU mgmt port or thin client or even a printer which some are directly connected to 4510 and some are not. I don't lose an ping on desktops or servers or network hardware.

When i check the mac address-table don't see the devices, only way i can get them back in the network is either reboot the thin client or ping it from the 4510(core switch).

I can i also duplicate this problem, when i clear mac address-table dynamic address i will lose ping.

KEEP IN MIND this problem only starts after a trunk is added or removed. then after about 20 -30 mins i can not duplicate the problem using clear Mac address from the table, and the devices are directly connected to 4510.

checked VTP accros the board and all are correct.

FYI I can not duplicate the problem by clearing arp by ip address.    

running dual WS-X45-SUP7-E

bootflash:cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.04.00.SG.151-2.SG.bin

any thoughts?

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It could be bug in the version of the code you are running.  You could try a different version and test the same thing by bringing up trunk ports.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: