Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500 qos sup720 pfc3b ws-x6748-ge-tx

Hi All

need little help with understanding qos on 6509. i have two layer circuits coming from dc into campus which terminate onto 6509, i need to know how to configure qos... whether to configure svi or subinterface? ....current qos plocy has voice prioritzed amd policed and wee have parent and child qos statement..any help is highly appreciated. thanks

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the layer 2 circuits size the same as the access size?  For example, you have a 1Gb/s access, and the circuit size is also 1Gb/s?  If so you don't need a child policy.  If not, say the circuit size is 512Mb/s then you would need to consider a child policy.

Is this layer 2 circuit a trunk with many VLANs on it, a single VLAN, or terminating on a layer 3 interface on the 6509?

Hi Philip

we have single pipe but two evc going into two different datacenter, each is one gig but both terminate on same port (1gig) on campus end i would be spliting bandwidth and assigning 500 meg to each layer 3 subinterface. correct model is ws-x6724-sfp. can layer 3 subinterfaces be created on 6724 model? and would be able to apply qos with queuing, shapling and policing. thanks

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

I recall shaping is not supported on a 6724.  Queuing is, but its specific to the card's hardware.  Don't recall whether policing is supported on egress, it should be supported on ingress.

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/white_paper_c11_538840.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6000-series-switches/24055-173.html

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card