cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6509 SUP720-3B: Dual link with fail-over & redundant configuration.

aparikh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a two fiber connection from our Central Office(6513) to Remote office (6509). I have a requirement that on the remote office if one of the fiber goes down, the second fiber should work as a failover. I am planning to use SUP720-3B SFP to connect to the CO.

Can I connet one fiber to Sup720-3b G5/1 & another fiber connection to G5/2?  or

Can I connet one fiber to Sup720-3b G5/1 & another fiber connection to G6/2?

I am running EIGRP between sites. Please post a sample config.

Thanks in advance

sup-bootflash:s72033-pk9sv-mz.122-18.SXD7b.bin"

Atul

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The Gig interface 1, 2, and 3 on sup 720 are regular SFP interfaces just like any other port on a blade.

Can I connet one fiber to Sup720-3b G5/1 & another fiber connection to G5/2?  or

Can I connet one fiber to Sup720-3b G5/1 & another fiber connection to G6/2?

Yes to both, you can connect any combination of these ports.

Are these ports going to be utilized as routed ports or switch ports?

HTH

This ports will be routed.

So, i can use all four ports even one of the 720-3B is in standby mode?

Thanks,

Sorry, I should have clarify that.  You can only use ports from the active sup.  So, on the primary sup, ports 1,2, and 3 can all be used.

HTH

I have a absolute requirement that if the primary link to CO is broken, backup link should work. Here is the problem.

If I put both links on the active sup320, & if active sup dies, then both link will be out.

If I put primary link on the active sup and the backup link on the standby sup, if the primary physical link goes down (NOT the active UP320), how the backup link on the standby sup will become active? what is the configuration steps?

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card