Views
Helpful
Replies

6800 IA add switch on the Stack

Bel Marsad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question about adding a new switch on a existing 6800ia stack or adding a switch on a standalone 6800ia switch.

Currently we have a 6880X VSS in prod with several 6800ia switches connected to it by double attachment, and I would like to add a new switch on an exsiting fex with only one switch, let say I have already in prod a fex 122 that contain only one switch and as I need more port to connect user I would like to just add another 6800ia switch to this fex.

I didnt find any document for that case, I guess is like adding new switch to a 3750 stack but would like to know if there is some specificity on this kind of switch ? can I add the new switch during the working our online without any perturbation ? do I need to reload fex ?

Thanks for your help

Belmar

1 Reply 1

Ethan Grinnell
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

In that case it is just like adding a 3750 to a stack. The stack master is in charge of distributing software if needed. The FEX does not need to be reloaded and can be done while it is in production. The newly attached switch will reload if new software was pushed to it though.

Ethan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card