cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9300 - Consistency Checker(CCK) detected inconsistency for l2m_vlan

eglinsky2012
Level 4
Level 4

9300 two-switch stack running 17.9.3 and seeing quite a few of these logs. 15 yesterday, none so far today, none for a few days before that, and 10 more on Sept 5. When I run the show consistency command listed, "run-id not available for display." The run IDs are increasing, but not incrementally, so it seems like sometimes the check passes but other times not.

I can't find much information on this other than a bug that supposedly does not apply to this product and has been fixed in this release: https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwb16590

Any idea what this means, how to resolve, and whether it affects client connectivity or is indicating another issue that would affect client connectivity?

Sep 10 13:11:51.581 EDT: %FMRP_CCK-4-INCONSISTENCY_FOUND: Switch 2 R0/0: fman_rp: Consistency Checker(CCK) detected inconsistency for l2m_vlan. Check 'show consistency-checker run-id 399 detail'.
Sep 10 13:11:51.582 EDT: %FMFP_CCK-4-INCONSISTENCY_FOUND: Switch 2 F0/0: fman_fp_image: Consistency Checker(CCK) detected inconsistency for l2m_vlan. Check 'show consistency-checker run-id 399 detail'.
Sep 10 13:11:51.582 EDT: %FED_CCK_ERRMSG-4-INCONSISTENCY_FOUND: Switch 2 F0/0: fed: Consistency Checker(CCK) detected inconsistency for l2m_vlan. Check 'show consistency run-id 399 detail'.
Sep 10 13:11:51.580 EDT: %FMFP_CCK-4-INCONSISTENCY_FOUND: Switch 1 F0/0: fman_fp_image: Consistency Checker(CCK) detected inconsistency for l2m_vlan. Check 'show consistency-checker run-id 399 detail'.
Sep 10 13:11:51.581 EDT: %FED_CCK_ERRMSG-4-INCONSISTENCY_FOUND: Switch 1 F0/0: fed: Consistency Checker(CCK) detected inconsistency for l2m_vlan. Check 'show consistency run-id 399 detail'.

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check this bug : and resolved version :

there is work around provided 

https://bst.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCwb93816

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for this Bug ID.  Testing the workaround on a 9500.

@balaji.bandi, workaround did not work.  I used a logging discriminator instead.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

All our 9300 upgraded to 17.9.3 started spamming CCK.  TAC recommended we use the command "no ipv6 mld snooping" and the spamming stopped.  

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
no diagnostic monitor module all test TestConsistencyCheckL2m

I have raised a TAC Case and I am testing this command.  

@Leo Laohoo thank you and but unfortunately did not work. please share your views after applied that command any luck ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Depends on the error message.  There are two commands:  

no diagnostic monitor module all test TestConsistencyCheckL2m
no diagnostic monitor module all test TestConsistencyCheckL3m

First command is for Layer 2 mutli-cast (l2m) and the second one is for Layer 3 multi-cast (l3m).  

I applied to four 9500 and the spamming has stopped.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card