Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! VSS In 4506E

Hello All,I have 2 4506E with WS-X45-SUP7-E and VSS configured and multiple servers only connected to 1 chassis. My question is what if one of the two supervisors fails/down, will the Line card in it also go down? and what about the other chasis(stan...

samudro94 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When I run the cli show spanning-tree vlan 1, I notice the port type is shr. What does shr stand for?   Switch#show spanning-tree vlan 1 VLAN0001 Spanning tree enabled protocol rstp Root ID Priority 32769 Address 0c21.0d37...

Hi,Is it possible to add an ip to a vlan different from mgmt0 on this switch? How? It seems for exampleInterfece vlan 100Does not work, so how can I set it to access the uplink router for network access?Thank you.

urbaman by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone!  Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.I have a Catalyst 9300 running as my CORE switch in a CCTV environment.  I have been seeing an unusual large amount of TCP re-transmission errors in Wireshark captures recently....

CMack6 by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Please help...I want to assign a default gateway to a switch on vlan 2 but it is not pinging from my first client. The vlan status on my switch is currently down.  I need the second client to ping from the frist one.What do I do to solve this problem...

We have following part in a TCL script that works great on IOS:exec "write" typeahead "y\n" exec "reload in 5"But this does not work in IOS-XE. Where i see the Problem. If I enter reload in 5 on IOS, the question for confirmation pops up immediately:...

Hi,I need two 10G ports for 4451 router. Can I use two SM-X-4X1G-1X10G modules for this purpose and does it support it? Do I need a boost license?Thanks.

Okan O by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes