Views
Helpful
Replies

A dual-mode dual-power supply for the IE2000

christophersonn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does the Cisco IE2000 require the two DC inputs to be connected to the same power supply? Despite the fact that DC-A and DC-B inputs are not fully redundant, they are both connected to separate internal power supplies. Therefore, I believe the same external power supply could be used for both DC-A and DC-B... I appreciate your response very much. There are two separate units in the power supply. Switches can be powered from a single or dual source. It is the higher voltage power source that draws power from both power sources when both are operational. The switch continues to operate with the other power source during a power outage. If a system has redundant power supplies, each one should be connected to a separate power source. You might experience total power failure if you fail to do this due to a fault in the external wiring or a trip in the circuit breaker.

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The Cisco IE2000 industrial ethernet switch is designed to operate with dual power inputs for redundancy. It is recommended to connect the two DC power inputs to separate power supplies to ensure maximum availability of the device in case of a power failure. However, it is also possible to connect both DC power inputs to the same power supply if desired. It is important to note that both power inputs must be connected to the same voltage level. If the power inputs are connected to different voltage levels, the device may not function correctly.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card