Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA username secret

I configured username cisco secret cisco in the switch and then line console 0 with login local and line vty 0 15 with login local,

after that I proved and worked well, but I decided to deleted the command username cisco secret cisco to see whats was going to happen and then I exit the CLI and try to login through the console and through telnet it didnt let me login again. 

And I did the command copy running-config startup-config

Did I get lock up? like what's the solution? 

thanks 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

by deleting the username, you locked yourself out. If you have save the running to the startup config, all you need to do is to reboot the device. If that doesn't work, you need to perform a password recovery. What switch model do you have ?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

by deleting the username, you locked yourself out. If you have save the running to the startup config, all you need to do is to reboot the device. If that doesn't work, you need to perform a password recovery. What switch model do you have ?

Thank you so much, I apreciate u answer, it help me a lot to understand the 'why', I have a 

Cisco 2811 (revision 1.0) 

Hello

1) Power cycle router
2) Press crtl-break
3) Type confreg 0x2142
4) Type reset

The router will reload, once its back up you will be able to acess the router, all interfaces will be down

5) copy startup running configuration 
6) make you changes < add username password etc...

7) Change config-register 
conf t
config-register 0x2102 

exit

8) copy running config startup config

9)reload

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

thanks u so mucho It worked.

another question is can 2 routers be connect by a ethernet cable like

R1 INTERFACE F0/0 ,IP ADD 192.168.1.1  /24    NO SHUTDOWN

R2 INTERFACE F0/0 ,IP ADD 192.168.1.2  /24    NO SHUTDOWN

I HAD PUT STRAIGH AND CROSSOVER CABLE TO SEE IF THAT WAS THE PROBLEM AND STILL DONT REACH THE UP/UP

I DID IT AND THE INTERFACE STAY    DOWN/DOWN    

I CANT DO PINGS, I CANT EVEN REACH THE UP/UP STATE

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card