Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL issue access switche

Andy White
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

We have an old site with about half a dozen switches (2960s, 3750s), and they they have an access list for SSH. Now this access list blocks us because it wasn't updated before we removed the subnet where the servers lived (office move).

Anyway I've manged to use the console cable and update the core switch there, but the other switches are in locations which are physically impossible to get to without planned downtime.

Can I somehow use the L3 core switch to SSH to them, perhaps create the VLAN that had access and then use this as a source SSH session?

If not I will have to recreate the subnet again an populate the subnet out to the MPLS.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi

Try with the following linen from the core switch, but the IP of management of the core switch should be included on the ACL

ssh -l <username> <ip address of the switches>

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Already tried that and it didn't work.

I guess it's a physical visit or I create the VLAN again?

Yeap it should work, creating the vlan again. Or maybe someone can connect a laptop to console to modify the ACL. Or visit the remote site and modify the ACL.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card