Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add 2nd Trunk

Hello Friends,

I have a Cisco SW ( 3560 ) with one Trunk link to my router ( 7606 ), Trunk link is fully utilized so i need to add 2nd Trunk.

Shall all move some customers from old trunk to 2nd one and create a new subterface for them ?

I am think if i can create bundle and add subinterfaces under this bundle ?

Add two GE ports to be memeber of this bundle ?

Please advice

Regards,

Ahmed

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Yes, according to this link, you can create sub-interfaces under the portchannel.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps368/data_sheet_c78-658537.pdf

HTH

amabdelh
Level 1
Level 1

You can use etherchannel between the two switches and this etherchannel will carry all vlans

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello Amjad,

Thanks for your answer, but using a bundle we would need to interrupt all customers to implement it.

however, it also provides a level of redundancy if one GigE fails for some reason.

i can move some VLANs from 1st trunk to 2nd one, in this case should i care about loop ?  i think it will not happen , each trunk will carry different VLANs and at swtich side configure 2nd trunk.

Regards,

Ahmed

amabdelh
Level 1
Level 1

In that way there will be no loop if you removed the vlan from the first trunk to thr 2nd. But i would recommend the etherchannel, it gives you redundancy and load balance on the two links

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I concur, use etherchannel to provide redundancy and load-balancing. IT isn't a 9-5 job Sounds like you need to schedule an ASI and do some configuring at midnight

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card