Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi AllI have a very easily answered question.I have noticed on a 6509 I am working on, that when I do a "show mac-address interface gx/x" no mac address comes back.If I do a show arp | i x.x.x.x the ip/mac shows up, and from there if I do a show mac-...

N W by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone, We want to set the "deny all" policy on our network and only allowed ports will only be permittedOn my topology , I only put the DHCP Server and the client for the sake of isolation and ease of troubleshootingI have  3 VLANS, vlan 200 - ...

HelloI read that there is a limit of 128 spanning-tree instances per switch if using PVST, and that any instances greater than 128 do not us spanning-tree.Does the switch indicate that the 128-instance limit has been reached?  Or do you just need to ...

Hi Allcan some help me i have Linksys SRW208P but during configuration password become entered wrong so now i am un able to access on SRW so some tips through which i can reset the password is it possibel pleaseKumail

HelloI'm having trouble with VLANs and can't pin point where the problem is. Up until now, I've only been using the default VLAN1 on my wired network.I have a 877W which used 2 vlans for WLAN, but everything else, all wired devices resided on VLAN1 ...

when i am trying ping , the reply is too slow and packets are dropping ,could any one help what the reason behind this drop and reply is too slow.i am having one core switch and 4 access switch , and core is having two vlans and two dhcp pool , my pc...

Hello,I am replacing 2 x 3750s which are stacked with 2 x 3750Gs.  I have set them up the same and they are racked underneather the current live ones.  Now these switch hang off out Cisco ASA 5520s so we have the Internet, WAN, DMZs all hanging off t...

Hi All,I have a question regarding the DHCP Snooping/Binding Table:The way I understand it, is that when DHCP snooping is enabled, the switch builds a Binding table that has all of the trusted MAC addresses and their IP DHCP mappings.  The firewall f...

Hello All,I have been given the task to architect and implement VLAN's in our company.  And I have a couple of architecture and implementation questions I wanted to run by the experts.Quick Run Down on Topology:There is a total of 18 Layer 3 switches...

I have a 6509 with a WS-X6748-GE-TX (48 port 10/100/1000mb Ethernet) module. I am trying to convert one of the ports from a switchport to a routed port.I have issued the following commands:     (config-if)# no switchport     (config-if)# ip address 1...

a17j13j05 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes