cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding new port to VSS bundle - Catalyst 9500

fabio198417
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 Catalyst 9500, connected in VSS mode. The current physical connections are below:

switch 1 Twe1/0/1 <-----------> switch 2 Twe1/0/1 (VSS Bundle)
switch 1 Twe1/0/2 <-----------> switch 2 Twe1/0/2 (VSS Bundle)
switch 1 Twe1/0/47 <-----------> switch 2 Twe1/0/47 (DaD)

I was asked to add a 3rd interface to that bundle, which will be Twe1/0/3. In terms of configuration, I will apply "stackwise-virtual link 1" under the Twe1/0/3 interface, just like i did in interfaces Twe1/0/1 and Twe1/0/2 in the past. My question is: Adding this 3rd interface to the bundle will require a reload in the switches ? Or will it flap the existing bundled interfaces (Twe1/0/1 and Twe1/0/2)? Just want to validate a possible impact for this activity. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the need of adding another link to SVL Link ? and that to odd numbers  ?

I have never done adding the links after SVL build in production, as some of the documents suggest, by adding the link required to reboot each member.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the need of adding another link to SVL Link ? and that to odd numbers  ?

I have never done adding the links after SVL build in production, as some of the documents suggest, by adding the link required to reboot each member.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card