Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding VLAN on Ethercahnnel ports

Hi,

I need to add one more vlan on etherchannel switch port but i should not loose the reachability of other end switch(sometimes its went error disable state). Could someone tell me right way to add vlan on EtherChannel ports.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You can do this:

conf t

int port-channel X

switchport trunk allowed vlan add x 

This is the right way to add the vlan. About port in error disable, does not make sense on this case. Ports get into error disable due protocol mismatch or other problems 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

You can do this:

conf t

int port-channel X

switchport trunk allowed vlan add x 

This is the right way to add the vlan. About port in error disable, does not make sense on this case. Ports get into error disable due protocol mismatch or other problems 

Hello Miranda,

Thanks for your feedback. If am correct,if we added vlan in port channel it will be reflected in physical interface also right. Once added in first switch then we can do it same on other end switch right.

Sure, the Vlan and ports have a directly relationship. But, the error disable would not be caused by adding the vlan to the Port-channel but for some discrepancy between interfaces which forms the Port-channel. I would expect to see error disable if you were adding Ports to the port-channel. At least, I never got in the situation of putting the ports in error disable by adding vlan to a port-channel.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card