cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice on switch.

mau5chase
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, consider my devices and suggest networking.

cluster1:

intel nuc1 : no internet, or any other connections. Only connects to intel nuc2 on specific ports.Would like to have flexibility in managing/assigning ports, ip to which its allowed toconnect

intel nuc2 : to internet and intel nuc1, no connection to any other device.

might add atmost 2 devices to this cluster in the future, with ability to cmmunicate among themselves, but I would like to mange those connections.

cluster 2:

laptop, two desktops : connection between themselves and internet

cluster 3:

guest wifi

future devices : 4k tv,xbox, some IoT : i am not sure how to handle these yet. I have listed these so that if I make any purchases I want them to be future proof.

I am well versed with linux. Know my way around CLI.

Appriciate any inputs. Please point me in right direction if this not the place for this post.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok you can do different VLAN and VLAN ACL to restricted communicating each other.

I suggest to look RV Products, Look if that fit your needs

https://www.cisco.com/c/en_uk/products/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/models-comparison.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

can you define what you mean by clusters ?

Is this for Business or Home / SOHO

Other questions to be asked, is this required to have Internet Access ? do you have any other device can able to handle NAT and Routing ?

Suggest to make small network digram to understand for your self how you connecting also for our reference so we can guide in best way.

Why i have asked, may be some SMB device can able to help you all in one, if the Business may be you need to buy different devices to cater different needs.

Also you have WIFI requirement guest do you need authentication or any one can connect ?

BB

hi

can you define what you mean by clusters ?

by clusters I mean group of devices which i want to restrict from communicating with other group of devices/cluster.

Is this for Business or Home / SOHO

This is for home.

is this required to have Internet Access ? do you have any other device can able to handle NAT and Routing ?

Yes some devices need internet access, i have mentioned which devices need internet. Currently I have a 1Gigabit ethernet from my ISP and I have simple TP link router for wifi.

Also you have WIFI requirement guest do you need authentication or any one can connect ?

Yes Guest will require authentication.

I will see what I can do for the Diagram.

Thanks

Ok you can do different VLAN and VLAN ACL to restricted communicating each other.

I suggest to look RV Products, Look if that fit your needs

https://www.cisco.com/c/en_uk/products/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/models-comparison.html

BB

Thanks, I think RV240 might fit my needs. I will explore some more and make a decision.

Glad it helped my suggestion, have closer Look, of each mode and looks for features, some 340 v 345 have different features.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card