Views
Helpful
Replies

After factory reset still have saved configs

Boriy
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

We own a small resort in the mountains, and in 2014 the IT company installed Cisco Switch and AP to our resort.
This year we decided to upgrade our networking staff and sell all of Cisco gears, since we have a new one.

I have experience with Ubiquiti and TP-LINK, but never had configured Cisco gear.

I just want to reset all AP and Switch to factory and sell them.

The AP I'm currently trying to reset is : 

Cisco AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9

I did a reset, but it still trying to connect somewhere.

Can you tell, what should I do, in order to completely erase all configs ?
1 (1).JPG2.JPG3.JPG44444.JPG

8 Replies 8

Hello

dir flash:

delete /recursive /force flash::*.*

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Not sure, what exactly happened, but now I have this
I did:

dir flash:

delete /recursive /force flash:

enter

333333.JPG

I believe you wanted to say:

dir flash:

delete /recursive /force flash:private-multiple-fs 

I did that, but it did not change anything.

I also gave interface bvi1 IP address 192.168.68.10, but after sometime dhcp gives him 192.168.68.136 ip address 

Still no matter which, I can't access to its web GUI.

I've about converting from managing to standalone mode. Is that something I need to try ? Any ideas ?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Cisco_AP #Reset #IT_Support_People IT Support People Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/IT_Support-PeopleDesktop-Support-111268543923018 Link for Other Related Videos: Configure Cisco Access Point Standalone/Autonomous using GUI with WPAv2 Authentication Key: ...

I literally watched this video before and did the exact thing, posted on link above. But it did not help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at the cursor of the APs:  One is "AP<MAC ADDRESS>" and the other is "AP".  

This means both APs have been their config wiped.  

The AP with CAPWAP firmware has booted into an RCV firmware (good).  I am satisfied the config is wiped from both config.

111111111.JPG

I was able to clear all configs of 2 Catalyst Switches with only two commands. I wonder, why I can't do the same with AP ?

In picture above, it shows version of firmware.

Example, I have a Windows 10 and just want to reinstall Windows, so it will delete all of the files, but Windows 10 will be loaded.
In my case, did I just completely erase Windows 10, so my hard drive is completely empty ? In picture below
In other words, should I install firmware again on those AP. Did I understand it correctly ?

333333 (1).JPG

If you are desperately want to factory-reset the AP, then go "extreme": 

delete /f /r nvram:startup-config
delete /f /r flash:*
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card