Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect VPN LAN/Internet access

Hugo Rosado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have implemented Cisco AnyConnect on our ASA, all goes good untill I have notices that while connected to the VPN I had no access to the internal LAN, after some reading on Cisco website i have changed the DfltGrppolicy to restrict access to only 1 vlan (Vlan 10) since this it has all gone downhill, at the moment no matter what NAT rulles I do I seem to only have access to Vlan 10, no access to any other Vlans or the Internet while connected to the VPN.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is a bit tricky doing it remotely like this.

Basically in the GUI, you want a NAT emption for traffic going to and from:

VoipIt_Production <-> VodafoneTrunk

Voipit_Telephony <-> VodafoneTrunk

for the AnyConnect IP address range ("Obj_AnyConnectPool").  This is the bit not working, but the config is quite close.

And you need a NAT rule to say to NAT traffic from Obj_AnyConnectPool that is going from VodafoneTrunk to VodafoneTrunk.  This bit is working.

View solution in original post

23 Replies 23

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I see you have:

access-list Local_Lan_Connection standard permit host 0.0.0.0

split-tunnel-policy excludespecified

split-tunnel-network-list value Local_Lan_Connection

What you probably want to do is to create an access list saying what users can access (usually whole networks at a time), and change to "include" rather than exclude, and use that.

Hi P.Dath,

Thanks for you help, I have actually created an ACL to allow Vpn_Objects to allow any address outside to the internet, the message I am getting now is:

"Asymetric NAT rules matched for forward and reverse flows.........denied due to NAT reverse path failure"

I had a look and this is down to NAT going in loop, I have only one NAT rule at the moment and that's to allow VPN_users to access that specific VLan.

Confusing......

Specifically, what should a user be able to get to and can not.

When a user connects to anyconnect he should be able to access the internet through the VPN and also should be able to access vlan 10 (192.168.10.1/24) and Vlan 20 ( 192.168.20.1/24), at the moment, while connected to the VPN, I can only access Vlan 10, no internet neither vlan 20.

Thanks in advance

Is the config attached to the first question still your current config or has it been changed some more?

This is my current config 

Start by changing this access-list from:

access-list Local_Lan_Connection standard permit host 0.0.0.0

to:

access-list Local_Lan_Connection standard permit 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0

access-list Local_Lan_Connection standard permit 192.168.20.0 255.255.255.0

Get rid of these two NATs:

nat (VodafoneTrunk,VodafoneTrunk) source static Obj_AnyConnectPool Obj_AnyConnectPool destination static Obj_AnyConnectPool
nat (VodafoneTrunk,VodafoneTrunk) source static Obj_AnyConnectPool Obj_AnyConnectPool destination static Obj_VPN_Production

Add this:

nat (any,VodafoneTrunk) source static any any destination static Obj_AnyConnectPool Obj_AnyConnectPool no-proxy-arp route-lookup

If this doesn't fix it please please a new updated config and any errors you are getting in the log.  It will be close after this.  Might need a couple of access-list entries to permit the traffic if not already permitted.

Hi,

Thanks for your help on this.

I have applied all commands and now, while connected to the VPN, I can access Vlan 10 but cannot access Vlan 20, also I can ping by Ip address but not by name (example: I cannot ping bbd.co.uk but i can ping 8.8.8.8) , I think there might be a problem on the policy itself, Im not sure if this is right:

The bit that worries me is the "Restrict access to Vlan"

I have included a copy of the current version running on the ASA.

Again thank you for your help.

Regards

Get rid of this:

split-tunnel-all-dns enable

Aha!  Remove that VLAN restriction.

group-policy DfltGrpPolicy attributes

no vlan 10

no split-tunnel-all-dns enable

Do you have any internal DNS servers?

Ok, this is kinda working,while connected to the VPN I can access Vlan 10 and Vlan 20 I can also access the internet, the only issue with all this is that to go out on the internet I am using the IP I have on my current location, while connected to the VPN I need to have the external IP of my VPN server, I have tried Split-Tunnel but that crashes everything, I will rate all your answers.

Thanks in advance

Hr  

Aha, you didn't mention that requirement initially.

Make these changes:

group-policy DfltGrpPolicy attributes

no split-tunnel-network-list value Local_Lan_Connection

split-tunnel-policy tunnelall

Then we might need to make a little NAT change.  Try that and if it doesn't work let me know, and the error you get in the log.

Hi,

I have applied the commands recommended, I can access all LAN inside but it's the outside i am having problems with, this is a screenshot from any connect while connected:

All traffic is now being sent over the tunnel but cannot go outside on the internet, on the webpage it fails as Dns_Probe.

This are the logs of the traffic of a PC while connected to the VPN:

All attempts fail to go on the internet.

Packet tracer:

Also here is all the routes while connected to Anyconnect:

Again, Many thanks for all your help

Regards

Hr

I think we should get rid of this NAT:

no nat (VodafoneTrunk,VodafoneTrunk) source static Obj_AnyConnectPool Obj_AnyConnectPool destination static DM_INLINE_NETWORK_3 DM_INLINE_NETWORK_3

and replace it with:

nat (VodafoneTrunk,VodafoneTrunk) source dynamic any interface

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card