Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 and Cisco router 3900 syslog configuration

Hi alll,

i want to configure asa 5510 and cisco 3900 router to send syslog messages to syslog server which i placed in my lan. Can sumone help me to configure this? also if enableing syslog will inrease the cpu utilization or memory? kindly help me and tel me the necessary configuration parts??

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per your other thread you just need to use the Cisco config guides. Here is the one for the 3900 router -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/ios/netmgmt/configuration/guide/nm_troubleshooting_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1054847

See the thread in firewalling for the ASA. As for CPU see the thread in firewalling as well.

Jon

the above link is not accessabile. sum error is coming while loading the page. can u pls give the correct url??

Hmmm, it should be, perhaps there is a problem with your browser ?

Anyway, on the Cisco homepage search for "12.4T network management configuration". Click on the link in the results page for the above and then go to chapter 3 "Troubleshooting, Fault Management and Logging". The instructions are in there.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card