Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask for trouble of Cisco catalyst 3750

trifebri_rn
Level 1
Level 1

Please i want to ask about my cisco switch 3750

i've already installed Cisco 3750 in 13 building... but after 5-6 month, 5 switch 3750 is damage.. it can't turn on..

i think the trouble in the building voltage.. so i add the power stabilizer.. but not long after that the same problem reappear.. disfunction / totally dead..

i affraid the rest of switch will experience the same thing....

So what actions / solutions for this problem??

Does anyone has ever experienced anything like this???

thank you very much if anyone has a solution...

Best Regards.

6 Replies 6

nkarpysh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you have a valid contract the best approach will be to open SR with TAC and setup EFA (failure analysis process) for these switches to analize the root cause of each damage. Right now it is hard to elaborate as we are not sure about the root cause.

Nik

HTH,
Niko

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello, I would suggest getting a UPS with a battery, that would allow for a certain amount of uptime after the power problems, also would provide power consistency for your switches.

I would still raise with TAC but if several switches go bad, then there must be a common factor for this.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for respons..         

I also already put a UPS even a power stabilizer/power consistency.. but the problem is not solved.. One more switch gone bad/disfunction..

I hope there is a solution to this problem....

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Does anyone has ever experienced anything like this???

If you want to just get the old config out ... Try something RADICAL.

Bang the flat side against a sturdry floor.  The WORST you can do is get it to power up.

I have done so several times and I get 30% success rate. 

Hi Leo,

We've discussed this and I am always amazed that this works But on top of that - how did you actually come across the idea of slamming the switch onto the floor for the very first time? I guess you either dropped the switch inadvertently, or must have been very angry...

Best regards,

Peter

But on top of that - how did you actually come across the idea of slamming the switch onto the floor for the very first time?

The first time this happened, I recovered a 3750-24T (1..5 RU) and it was covered with dust.  The appliance wouldn't power up.  So what I did was hold up the switch by the mounting brackets for about 3 cm and "gently" drop it on the floor.  The dusts came off.

After we've cleared the dusts off, we were joking around and I decided to apply power.  Ummmm ... Sure the fan didn't go on but the power did. 

We saw this as a chance to pull the config out and that's what we did.  The unit did get hot, though, after 20 minutes.  But we RMA-ed it nonetheless.

Success rate varies alot.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  But I'm always the one to try this.  No one in our team would bother. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card