cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1001 - SPA issue

elijah.abbott1
Level 1
Level 1

I am working with a Cisco ASR 1001 and I am trying to use a SPA-4X1FE-TX-V2. The chassis itself seems fine (no alarm lights lit, running normally), but when I try and insert a card into the open slot, the card will fail to sync, shut down, and then repeat the process 5 times before shutting itself down permanently. I am thinking it is either a hardware issue with the card or a compatibility. I haven't had very much experience with ASR's so any help would be greatly appreciated! Below is the log during the boot up sequence.

%IOSXE_SIP_SPA-3-SPI4_NOTSYNC: SPA-4X1FE-TX-V2 [0/1]: Can not synchronize SPI4 bus (host: src in sync, sink not in sync, spa: src in sync, sink not in sync)

%SPA_OIR-3-RECOVERY_RELOAD: subslot 0/1: Attempting recovery by reloading SPA

%SPA_OIR-6-OFFLINECARD: SPA (SPA-4X1FE-TX-V2) offline in subslot 0/1

%SPA_OIR-3-SPA_POWERED_OFF: subslot 0/1: SPA 4xFE TXSPA powered off after 5 failures with 1200 seconds

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

rorockwe
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I don't believe this is a compatibility issue.  The datasheet for that SPA indicates that it is supported on your ASR1001.  Please see table 1 at: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/shared-port-adapters-spa-interface-processors/product_data_sheet0900aecd804dc638.html

In addition, I also see it marked as supported here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-1002-router/data_sheet_c78-443175.html

Did this SPA replace another, or is this a new addition?  Are you able to try in a different SIP or even different SPA slot of same SIP?  And lastly, do you have another of the exact same (SPA-4X1FE-TX-V2) which we can try? 

Regards,

Robert

Sunil Bhadauria
Level 1
Level 1

These logs appear in case of improper connection between SPA and SIP .

Did you try physical reseat of this SPA ?

Even if that does not help , then you could narrow it down further .

If it is only happening for 1 SPA , in most of the cases issue is related to SPA itself ( try another )

If that does not help then you can further try moving SPA to another SIP/module .

HTH

Sunil Bhadauria

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card