Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 9001 with GLC-SX-MMD

Hi All

Are you aware of any compatibility issues with ASR 9001 and GLC-SX-MMD ? The compatibility matrix does show that this SFP is supported..

The issue is - we have a multimode fiber which is getting terminated on the ASR 9001. The physical link comes up, but we cannot ping the other end. Reliability is low - sometimes even goes to 0/255. When we use the same fiber/SFP, and terminate it on a 6500, it works fine.. So, there is no issue with the fiber cable or SFP.

I was going through some docs, and said ASR uses SFP-GE-S ? GLC-SX-MM isnt even recognized, and GLC-SX-MMD doesnt work on layer 3.. any help would be appreciated.

Raj

8 Replies 8

anyone ?

Raj,

Did you ever find a fix?  We were doing a circuit migration this past weekend and it sounds like we ran into the same/similar issue.  We have ASR 9001 running 4.3.0 and are using GLC-SX-MMD.  When we migrated the circuit from the old router to the 9001, the interface showed up/up, but we were unable to ping the carrier.  We did various other layer 1 troubleshooting, but due to timing within the maintenance window, we had to rollback to the old router.  Was wondering if you found a fix yet or not?

Casey

Casey

No.. we werent able to get 1Gig circuit working.. We were building another 10G circuit in parallel, and as expected - the 10G circuit was up and functioning correctly. We had no luck in bringing the 1G circuit operational ! donno whats wrong with GLC-SZ-MMD and ASR !

Raj

Thanks Raj.

Casey

Did you find any solution for this? We ran in to the same issue during a migration.

TIA

Shijo George

Shijo,

I have not found a fix yet, but will be making a second attempt either this weekend on next.  We will be trying with 4.3.1 and all SMUs installed, as well as using SFP-GE-S instead of GLC-SX-MMD.  I'll let you know if it works or not.

Casey

Has this been resolved yet I have the same problem ?

All,

We were able to get it working.  We were running 4.3.1, all SMUs through July 31st 2013, SFP-GE-S (carrier 1), SFP-GE-L (carrier 2).  When we brought up carrier 1, we experienced the same symptom as before (up/up but unable to ping carrier IP).  Setting to "negotiation auto" resolved it.  "negotiation auto" did not work for Carrier 2, but removing it did.

Casey

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card