Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 9001 with GLC-SX-MMD

Hi All

Are you aware of any compatibility issues with ASR 9001 and GLC-SX-MMD ? The compatibility matrix does show that this SFP is supported..

The issue is - we have a multimode fiber which is getting terminated on the ASR 9001. The physical link comes up, but we cannot ping the other end. Reliability is low - sometimes even goes to 0/255. When we use the same fiber/SFP, and terminate it on a 6500, it works fine.. So, there is no issue with the fiber cable or SFP.

I was going through some docs, and said ASR uses SFP-GE-S ? GLC-SX-MM isnt even recognized, and GLC-SX-MMD doesnt work on layer 3.. any help would be appreciated.

Raj

8 Replies 8

anyone ?

Raj,

Did you ever find a fix?  We were doing a circuit migration this past weekend and it sounds like we ran into the same/similar issue.  We have ASR 9001 running 4.3.0 and are using GLC-SX-MMD.  When we migrated the circuit from the old router to the 9001, the interface showed up/up, but we were unable to ping the carrier.  We did various other layer 1 troubleshooting, but due to timing within the maintenance window, we had to rollback to the old router.  Was wondering if you found a fix yet or not?

Casey

Casey

No.. we werent able to get 1Gig circuit working.. We were building another 10G circuit in parallel, and as expected - the 10G circuit was up and functioning correctly. We had no luck in bringing the 1G circuit operational ! donno whats wrong with GLC-SZ-MMD and ASR !

Raj

Thanks Raj.

Casey

Did you find any solution for this? We ran in to the same issue during a migration.

TIA

Shijo George

Shijo,

I have not found a fix yet, but will be making a second attempt either this weekend on next.  We will be trying with 4.3.1 and all SMUs installed, as well as using SFP-GE-S instead of GLC-SX-MMD.  I'll let you know if it works or not.

Casey

Has this been resolved yet I have the same problem ?

All,

We were able to get it working.  We were running 4.3.1, all SMUs through July 31st 2013, SFP-GE-S (carrier 1), SFP-GE-L (carrier 2).  When we brought up carrier 1, we experienced the same symptom as before (up/up but unable to ping carrier IP).  Setting to "negotiation auto" resolved it.  "negotiation auto" did not work for Carrier 2, but removing it did.

Casey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: