Replies

ASR1000 Problems!

robvelc2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We have:

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.11.01.S - Standard Support Release
Cisco IOS Software, ASR1000 Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.4(1)S1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

When it boot, it start flooding to console this messages:

*Jan 22 23:15:14.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel:  Did you follow the driver load sequence in components/driver/README.txt?
*Jan 22 23:15:15.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel: Octeon device (0) is in state (0x8)
*Jan 22 23:15:15.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel:
*Jan 22 23:15:15.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel:  Did you follow the driver load sequence in components/driver/README.txt?
*Jan 22 23:15:16.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel: Octeon device (0) is in state (0x8)
*Jan 22 23:15:16.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel:
*Jan 22 23:15:16.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel:  Did you follow the driver load sequence in components/driver/README.txt?
*Jan 22 23:15:18.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel: Octeon device (0) is in state (0x8)
*Jan 22 23:15:18.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel:
*Jan 22 23:15:18.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel:  Did you follow the driver load sequence in components/driver/README.txt?
*Jan 22 23:15:19.386: %IOSXE-4-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel: Octeon device (0) is in state (0x8)

Can anyone explain what is it ? what we need to do, and where i relly can look file "components/driver/README.txt" ?

Thanks a lot.

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Never seen this error message before.  Open a ticket with TAC and have them help you.

HTH

lenperez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello friend,

It seems like a bug, but we need more details to confirm this. Are you seeing tracebacks? or another errors while this logs are displayed? crashinfo file generated? Do you have impact in your network?

This is all the info generated by the logs?

Regards,

Hi lenperez,

You come to my discussion again for safe me :)))

We buy ASR1000 week ago, really i first time seeing this system, i works before with Ciscos like 29xx 35xx 40xx but ASR its something different. Its mean i dont know where i should see tracebacks or where is crashinfo should be generated, if you take me little bit info about this i will check , read more and provide all needed information for you. This is first ASR which we try use in our netwrok, even cant bring it up. When Cisco come in, it seems have 3.5.xx IOS and have mega bug, managment module (ESP/F0) disconnecting and it going reboot every minute... error message like "importantn process going down.... bla bla..." then i got 3.11 IOS and 3.12 ..... and we have this issue with both.....

This messages which i provide below flooded into console port while i try reach device... I see console i can use any commands, but this messages going without stops..... and also onboard ethernet not work.... I try setup test link... port even not UP... but in "sh platform" its looks like active, without any problems...

Let me know which information i should provide , i will do... Even if you want i can try provide access for this device, we have remote-ACS. I can provide this info not faster then Monday, so just let me know what u want check (my hands is yours).

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Hello robvelc2014,

Could you please share the "show log" output and also review if a crashinfo is generated, you can check how to retrieve this in the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-1000-series-aggregation-services-routers/109723-asr-crash.html#crashinfo

Also, did you tried to reboot the ASR? the issue remains?

We are in process of returning the device.  We purchased it used.   We will pickup another one and hope the same problem doesn't arise.  We suspect its a hardware issue and can't be bothered to see whats wrong.

Hello robvelc2014,

I hope the replacement solves the issue, because I not really sure that this is a hardware problem. I found some bugs related to this and an IOS upgrade was necessary, but the symptoms are not the same at all.

Well, good luck!!!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card