Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1002 ntp update-calendar not accepteed

vvvnnnzzz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

Recently we have upgraded from a cisco 7200 envirounment to an ASR1002 having to migrate the configs as well.

The command "ntp update-calendar" is not accepted in the config migration , any reason why ? doesnt the ASR

have an internal hardware clock ?

Any advice would be appreciated ,

Thanks,

Valentin.Z

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Unfortunately, these features are all Platform and IOS dependent.  With Cisco devices, there is no one IOS and feature set that fits all.  You would need to refer to the config guide and command reference guide for your specific platform and IOS version to find the equivalent to ntp update-calendar command.

from the data sheet:

Offer Stratum-3 clock circuitry, building  integrated timing supply (BITS) input and output (BITS output available  on ASR1000-RP2 only)

More info here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps9343/data_sheet_c78-441072.html

HTH

Him

thanks for the quick reponse , i've actually have done some heavy drilling in the config guides and command reference

and i saw no restricion what so ever , on the contrary I would've expected it to work .

I can't find any reference to ntp update-calendar for ASR 1002-X.

In my experience with ASR1002 they have a pretty good clock and this implementation does not need or use the update-calendar command.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

forticis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I also found ASR1002-X running IOS  version  asr1002x-universalk9.03.10.01.S.153-3.S1-ext.SPA.bin

does not have built in hardware clock.

It didn't accept  "set calendar",  "show calendar" and "ntp update-calendar" commands, but accepted  "clock calendar-valid" command.

Regards,

IK

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card