Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Has anyone used 2 cisco 3524-PWR-XL switches uplinked together to make 48 ports? Is it possible to uplink 2 fastethernet ports so the switches talk to each other. If it can be done does any know what the configuration should be I have used the follow...

dberthoud by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello ,Recently we have upgraded from a cisco 7200 envirounment to an ASR1002 having to migrate the configs as well.The command "ntp update-calendar" is not accepted in the config migration , any reason why ? doesnt the ASRhave an internal hardware c...

vvvnnnzzz by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'd like to drop all packets sourced from a specific MAC address, which are received on a specific sub-interface on my Cisco ASR 9000. So I have configured an ethernet-services access-list and applied it to the sub-interface as shown below. How...

firas0001 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What action does a device take when it receives a packet that is bigger than the maximum size of layer 2 technology it is using ? It fragment the packet then send fragments?it send notification, fragments then send fragments?it drops the packet?it s...

Resolved! ASR 9000 netflow

I have a asr 9000 router i want to view the taffic netflow in interfaces using Netflow Analyzer but cant see a lot of traffic evenif we apply command show we see the same result is  there a IOS bug ?

Hi All, I'm facing a strange issue!. I have a pair of nexus 5548 running vpc. Everything work fine but when i reload one 5k, the vpc peer link remains suspended. I investigated and found that the svi i used for keepalive remains down after the reboot...

seegomaa by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

My network topology is like this:WAN --- Router(NAT) --- L3 Switch --- IPTV ClientIPTV is based on mutlicast, so IPTV Client needs to join an IGMP multicast group on WAN. This is implemented with IGMP proxy on Router which is described here and here....

HiI will be setting up 2 x 4500x switches as a VSS pair and then will have 2 MECS (Multi-chassis Etherchannels) down to 2 stacks of 3750x switches. I am preparing the config and would really appreciate is someone can verify I have put together the co...

ISP Provided a Managed Services Router 800 Series configured with Static Public IP and two IP DHCP Pool for our Fixed & Wireless LAN (10.10.10.0/32 - LAN & 10.10.11.0/32 - Wi-fi).I have Cisco 2921/k9 to put behind this Managed Services Router 800 Ser...

Hello guys!I`ve Cisco 2921 and a little trouble with it:LAN interface was configured to work with 192.168.1.0/24 subnetAfter all IPs run out we had change subnet to 192.168.0.0/23 Running config:LAN interfaceinterface GigabitEthernet0/0description Lo...

I am trying to move DHCP away from an old 2003 server to my new router, this server 10.27.131.8 also functions as a DNS server.I have created the pool LAN, network, default server etc but for some reason when I deactivate the scope on the server for ...

johnny_5 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have MAB configured on our switch ports and I have a case that I would like to force reauthentication through SNMP.  Would someone know the MIB object to trigger the reauthentication of a particular port and the value to write so that it gets trig...

bquesnel1 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes