cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Autosummarization

kbullard00
Level 1
Level 1

Still struggling with autosummarization.

see diagram thx

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reza

You provide a very nice link to a discussion about auto summarization in BGP. But I do not believe that the original poster is asking about auto summarization in BGP.

I believe that the original poster is confused by in the first figure the subnets all belong to network 10.0.0.0 and do not produce any auto summarization. But in the second figure the subnets of network 10.0.0.0 do produce summarization.the explanation is that on Seville there are subnets of network 10.0.0.0 but on the serial interface it is a subnet of 172.16.0.0. So advertising subnets of 10.0.0.0 over an interface in 172.16.0.0 does produce auto summarization.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reza

You provide a very nice link to a discussion about auto summarization in BGP. But I do not believe that the original poster is asking about auto summarization in BGP.

I believe that the original poster is confused by in the first figure the subnets all belong to network 10.0.0.0 and do not produce any auto summarization. But in the second figure the subnets of network 10.0.0.0 do produce summarization.the explanation is that on Seville there are subnets of network 10.0.0.0 but on the serial interface it is a subnet of 172.16.0.0. So advertising subnets of 10.0.0.0 over an interface in 172.16.0.0 does produce auto summarization.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card