Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi guys,  I am running a lab through dynamips using isis. I have a router R5(L1 router) which is connected to R6(lL1-L2 router). R6 is connected with  other L1-L2 routers. I tried to change the ATT-bit when R6 sends LSP-L1 tou R5 when the backbone ar...

I have been reading this document on the Nexus 7000 and Catalyst 6500 architectures and designs in a server farm...http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9402/ps9512/White_Paper_C17-449427.pdf (focus on pages 19 to the end).I am...

lamav by Level 8
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I was hoping someone could help me with me questions.I need to setup some redundancy for a network. I have Firewall and server experience but not so much with switches.I have;2 internet links2 ASA 5510's2 3750 switchesand some dual homed serve...

A L3 request from a host1 to host2 on the same VLAN, does the request get forwarded to the default gateway at all?Or straight to host2?

opers13 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I came across Multicast config on a 3750G and it has both: ip pim sparse-dense-mode ip cgmpenabled under the SVI.When I do "sh ip cgmp" nothing comes up and actually it's not even supported....I read cgmp was developed for CATOS??thanks

opers13 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloHopefully somone can help me with this annoying issue.In our organisation we have a ASA5510 thats connected to a HP switch with several different vlans and they all work fine.Now I would like to add a new vlan to trunk over to the switch, whats ...

I just got a Cisco 3600 router and was attempting to set it up to my cable modem. I feel a little like a noob asking for help with something as simple as this but I am stuck. I followed Cisco's guide and another guide to check my router's config and ...

Hi Everyone,I'm getting this MALLOCFAIL error and then after a while the switch crashed.%SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL: Memory allocation of 774966538 bytes failed from 0x1B33220, alignment 0  Pool: Processor  Free: 23956224  Cause: Not enough free memory Alterna...

Hi everyone:I just want to make sure I understand how PCs and IP phones connect to an external access switch and how they are configured.Typically, an IP phone has a 3-port internal switch.One port on the internal IP phone switch is configured as an ...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes