Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic VLAN setup

Hi Guys,

I am new to networking. I have a lab with 1 firewall, 1 L2 switch and 4 PC. 

So I created 5 VLANS (1,10,20,30,40) in a single firewall interface with DHCP enabled. 

What I want to know is, how should I configure the switch so that my switch can get IP from VLAN 1 and all my four PC can get DHCP and internet from each VLAN(10,20,30,40).

I am attaching a firewall interface screenshot.

Also, in my firewall I have configured VLAN1 as Untagged and rest all as Tagged. So that configuration is correct or not?FW VLAN.png

20 Replies 20

Super thanks, Rick. That explains it all. All my doubts which I asked in this post are super clear now.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. I will be looking forward to some more explanations for the doubts that I will face in the future from you.

You are welcome. I am glad that your doubts have been cleared. I expect that your knowledge of networking and of IP routing will increase. I look forward to your next question.

HTH

Rick

for SW only config the VLAN in SW and assign some ports for each VLAN to make it UP/UP.

Hi,

So I just need to assign each sw port in which PC is connected to respective VLANs?

Also, is the Untagged and Tagged config correct on FW?

since you config sub interface in FW then it by default will be tag with VLAN number you enter.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card