Views
Helpful
Replies

Black screen after I install Packet tracer

Prince_Dahir
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir or Madam, 

I have registered in Netacad, after I installed Packet tracer the software shows to me a black screen. recently I know this black screen contains the user name and password for Netacad.

the issue I can not log in and I used the PT normally until I disconnect my Internet if I closed the black screen the PT totally shows me authentication failed. need your support to used PT and continues my studying.

attached to you pictures of the black screen and failure message. 

yours futhfully, 

Dahir 

authentication failed.pngblack screen.png

16 Replies 16

Hello,

clear your browser cache and restart your computer...

I did what you suggest and I still having the same problem.

why no body is providing support with this issue. I was searching internet and see that many people have this problem and Cisco did not do anything with it. I'm using v.8. I tried to run as administrator and nothing.

Prince_Dahir
Level 1
Level 1

In fact, when I couldn't find any support for my problem, I downloaded the old version and the software actually worked after that. Try the old version of the PT it will probably work as I did.

I did. I installed v.7 but the same black screen. I cannot go lower as v.7 have some function that I need. Maybe some another advice? 

Dear krisrk007,

Really, I want to help you but I don’t know this how to solve and I’m not recommend to you to download a lower version.

Try to contact with them on Twitter maybe you will found any solution and also let me know if you found a solution of this problem.

Regards,

Dahir Deria

I had the same problem but I installed the lowest available version and it works perfectly now. I hope this helps you

Hello,

installing a lower, or the lowest version, cannot really be a 'solution'. What system are you running this on ? If that is a Windows machine, what if you disable the firewall, as well as any antivirus software you are running ?

Hi, Thank you for your reply. I have windows 7 and yes I did disable the firewall and antivirus. This issue is quite strange because under this black layer (window) there is some content. When I'm moving mouse around it change the cursor to 'pointer' or 'text' in some places. Maybe some could send me screenshot how the login page look like. Maybe I will be able to navigate and login somehow even though everything is in black.

Hello,

create a desktop icon for Packet Tracer, right click the icon, go to Properties, then select the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program in compatibility mode for' and select Windows 7.

Hi, thanks for advise. I tried this but unfortunately I still have black window

krisrk007
Level 1
Level 1

Great news I have found the issue. Issue is with QtWebEngine that Packet Tracer is using. It looks that it need some libraries from DirectX. When I installed 'DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer' (maybe I had some old version) everything start to work.

Thank you for posting this problem. It helped me find a solution to the black screen. I was having problems completing the labs.

Thank you so much for the solution

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card