cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bluetooth Console port connection

burleyman
Level 8
Level 8

Has anyone out there used a Bluetooth to connect into a console port? If so what unit do you recommend?

Mike

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

ehuerta
Level 1
Level 1
La empresa para la cual trabajo está adquiriendo equipos nuevos y veo que tienen la funcionalidad de configurar desde bluetooth. Podrían orientarme para saber que necesito?, algún adaptador adicional o software?

ehuerta
Level 1
Level 1

The company for which I work is acquiring new equipment and I
see that they have the functionality to configure from bluetooth.
Could you orient me to know what I need ?, some additional
adapter or software?

Regards

Thank for the Info. I will check it out.

Mike

I use something like https://buy.serialio.com/products/bluesnap-bluetooth-2-1-to-rs232-adapter.  Works fairly well, no software required, but I do believe I had to adjust some jumpers on the device.  

Thanks for your help.
It would be interesting if no additional device was needed for the management through from bluetooth.

Regards.

Personally, i prefer the intertooth over the AirConsole:

It is by far more robust and reliable. Battery holds much longer (and survives if not used for some time).

Of course, the intertooth does not support advanced stuff (eg. WiFi), but to access the console Bluetooth is more convenient, as the connection with a new PC is done in seconds. In addition, the intertooth powers up instantly and is ready within ~two seconds.

www.intertooth.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card