cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fiber on Cisco Catalyst 3560-CG series PoE

lcolehower44
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently running a SM fiber connection between two Catalyst 3560-CG series PoE tabletop switch. I did basic configurations for both switches with SVIs, and my trunk. I tried a port channel and neither of these have worked. The SFPs themselves work, they are brand new, and same with the fiber cable as well. I have port that is detecting connection but the port on the other switch is not detecting any connection (one green, amber, and no amber light on the other). At one point I had a full connection between, but my UDLD disabled the ports. I have flipped the wires to check I had a correct match up in regards of my connection.  If there is something I am missing from my configuration, please let me know. 

3 Replies 3

lcolehower44
Level 1
Level 1

I fixed the Issue, but I still am not able to send traffic between the two switches

but I still am not able to send traffic between the two switches

give us more information about the config and show the output. what traffic are we talking about?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

start with  a "show inventory" and "show interface status" to retrieve basic SFP information
are they SM SFP's and are they correctly recognized by the switch ?
the uplink ports are dual-personality ports  ( either SFP or UTP active) -> check if the config is not set "fixed" to UTP

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card