cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Boot process failed on 3750X

lonmc1977
Level 1
Level 1

Was wondering if someone knew a fix for this error.  I've loaded c3750e-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE7.bin on multiple 3750X-48PF-S but this one in particular is dying mid-boot.  It looks like its going to boot, I get the @@@@@.....for about a minute and then I get

File "usbflash0:c3750e-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE7.bin" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x3000

executing...

Boot process failed....

I did have this IOS on flash, tried formatiing flash now Im booting it off of USB, same error.  Downgrading to 12.X seems to "fix" it and it boots up great.  For some reason 15.X will not load up on this.

EDIT:  This is two switches I have doing this now.  

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The flash might be defective.  Open a ticket with Cisco and RMA it if they can't help you resolve the issue.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the entire bootup process.

Attached...it first looks for the universal ios and fails, but even if it loaded, I still get the same boot error.  12.X universal or ipbase loads just fine though.  I'm not sure if its possible to run 12.X and a 10G Service Module at the same time as a workaround, from what I can see on the IOS downloads is 12.X doesn't provide an IOS for the 10G SMs, just 15.X does.

Loading "flash:c3750e-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE7.bin"...flash:c3750e-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE7.bin: no such file or directory

Error loading "flash:c3750e-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE7.bin"

Thanks for the attachment.  

The error message is telling me the appliance cannot find a valid IOS in the flash.  There is no mention about the appliance attempting to boot from USB.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card