Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Experts, Good Day! I encounter suddenly an issue in the 6509 series router with an IOS version of s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-vz.122-18.SXF10.bin. We are now encountering a high CPU utilization which is shown below and when I checked the possible c...

Hi Cisco Community / Friends, I am new to this site though I have cisco account for many years. I am a CCNA ,I  passed my certification on January 2013 I seldom use and utilized my skills on networking becuase of my type of work. I am Project Eng'r w...

I've just received a ws-c3560g-48ps-s and noticed the lack of stack ports on the back, I thought all the 3560's were stackable, if so how the hell do you make it stackable? Guessing using the sfp.

sgilfrin1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello! I have very simple, and  I guess, stupid question.I understand how switches choose forwarding ports by calculation cost to root.But how path from root to other switches is calculated?Let's say we have just two switches, connected by two  1G li...

dm by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, For some reason when I ran the command test cable-diagnostics on some cisco 3750x the test never complete. Here is the command:test cable-diagnostics tdr interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/44TDR test started on interface Gi1/0/44A TDR test can take a ...

Friends , I have one question please . in Nexus 5596T Switch the 32 fixed 10GBASE-T ports does it support both 1 Gig and 10 Gig or only 10 Gig ? Please advice ! Thanks in advance ...

Hi,We have in production a stack consist of 2 x 3750 switches - ie a 48 ports and 24 ports with same IOS & version.The 1st 48 port switch is the master with port 1 uplink to a router and 2nd switch is a 24-port slave .if we remove the master switch (...

q-le by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi.. i have been running nexus 5548 and looking for implement ospf. But not sure whether it support advance ospf routing. Pls tell me whether ospf would run on this switch with all its advance features. Software  BIOS:      version 3.5.0  kickstart: ...

Anukalp S by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I plan to buy SmartNet for my Core Switches 4503-E that has:Mod Ports Card Type                                                  Model              ---+-----+-------------------------------------------------------+------------------ 1     4  Sup 7-E ...

HiIn my studies I remember learning when assigning IP addresses to a network we need to break the network down into subnets and find out how many IP's required for each subnet, then we subnet an address starting with the highest number working down t...

Hello, I have some cisco 3850 with DHCP for my AP.I need to supervise my AP, so I try to assign the same IP address per mac-address.So i follow this link: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipaddr_dhcp/configuration/xe-3se/3850/dhcp-xe-...