cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

by what replacing c-5500 ?

chinfabien
Level 1
Level 1

the main aim is to replace our c-5500. I know it's very general atm but more details will come lately. i just want ur opinion on which router can be used instead of 5500 for a network evolution.

currently here the network schema :

-> c-5500 <--> c-5500 <--> c-5500 <--> c-5500 <-

| |

each c-5500 is connected to others by OF

thx

2 Replies 2

pflunkert
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

when you will look at the switch performance guide (http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/switchperformance.pdf), you can see that all newer switches can replace the cat 5500. When you choose a switch you must pay attention you requirements (user and speed). With the information we have it could be possible to use a cat 3750 (as Stack!?).

Regards

Peter

nightowl2k2
Level 1
Level 1

Assuming that those are the 13 slot 5500 you may want to look at a 4500 also. You could use 1 or 2 as a core switches and maybe hang 3750s or something else off of them depending on what you need. That is all I can say so far since there are no details. Heck, you may even need/want to move up to a 6500.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card