Views
Helpful
Replies

C1000 to C1000 SPF+ C1000-48P-4X-L

IT2022
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
we want to connect two C1000-48P-4X-L  switches over fiber and are using the following transceivers (10GTek 10G SFP+ SR Multimode Modul - 10GBase-SR LC Transceiver Kompatibel fĆ¼r Cisco SFP-10G-SR).
Transceivers are shown and recognized but do the LEDs by the GBICs have to blink and what type of port do we have to configure, we have set trunk.

Regards

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For starters, have  an in-depth check of sfp-compatibility with : https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

We had a look before we bought the transceivers. The current inserted have the supported IEEE 10GBASE-SR standard.
850nm, 300m MMF.

Is there anything I do miss?

- If they are not Cisco, success is not guaranteed you may use commands as
            no errdisable detect cause sfp-config-mismatch
            no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid 

Not sure if that will help

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

IT2022
Level 1
Level 1

I did connect both switches directly via LC/LC cable and that did work.
Then I moved one switch to the other location, connected via SC/LC - no link is comming up. Then I ran the commands above, wr mem and did a reload on both switches. No link after the restart.

Now I guess it could be something with the inhouse lwl cable but it was tested already by lwl technician.
Maybe the lengh is too high? I have no further ideas.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card