cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750-48PS switch - Mode stuck on SYST and no console access

commengineer
Level 1
Level 1

After powering up a WS-C3750-48PS switch, Normal POST LED flashing of lights does not happen, instead the switch is stuck in SYST Mode on the front panel. My attempt to hold down the mode button upon powering up for 15 sec fails to reboot the switch. I cannot console to the switch. Is this switch unrecoverable? Should I RMA with TAC?

Any suggestions? Should I RMA?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Open a ticket with TAC and RMA it.

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

I would suggest you yank the power completely from it and try rebooting it. If it gets stuck again in the same place, an RMA is the best bet with Cisco TAC.

Yes, I unplug the power completely and power back up and same indication...no POST and sticks on the SYST mode and not able to change modes by pushing the mode button.

Open a ticket with TAC and RMA it.

HTH

Thank you for the replies. RMA is the sound choice.  Anyone know what may cause this to happen. I might

lose sleep tonight not knowing...just kidding...

Thanks.

JS

No, I wouldn't loose sleep over this

Hard to tell.  Some time, it is just bad software or it could also be hardware.  Since you have warranty on it, the best course of action is to RMA it.  Let them take care of it.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card