cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750 - VSS question

lowclear
Level 1
Level 1

When using the redundancy force-switchover command in the case of the vss failover command of equipment C4500, how can I apply the same command of equipment 3750?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
reload slot <1 to 9>

View solution in original post

@lowclear wrote:

The function of this command is to switch active to standby, but why is that function rebooting active?

On a VSS, the "redundancy force-switchover" instructs the ACTIVE to "hand over" to the secondary.  This done by causing the PRIMARY to reboot. 

Like I said, the exact command is not supported but the behaviour is the same as instructing the Primary/Master switch to reboot.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
reload slot <1 to 9>

So the redundancy force-switchover command doesn't work on the C3750V2 ?

@lowclear wrote:

So the redundancy force-switchover command doesn't work on the C3750V2 ?

The "exact" command, no.  
For that same behaviour, use the "reload slot <MASTER SWITCH 1>" and the behaviour is the same, i.e.  The command will reboot the switch master. 

The function of this command is to switch active to standby, but why is that function rebooting active?

What I'm curious about is,

Does active and standby change when the redundancy force-switchover command is applied to 3750v2 equipment?

2. If that command is not applied, what commands do the same function?

Thank you for your help.

@lowclear wrote:

On a VSS, the "redundancy force-switchover" instructs the ACTIVE to "hand over" to the secondary.  This done by causing the PRIMARY to reboot. 

Like I said, the exact command is not supported but the behaviour is the same as instructing the Primary/Master switch to reboot.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card