Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750E - SRR-queue BW Needs MLS QoS ? QoS on SVI Egress

aravindhs
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I've got a cisco WS-C3750X-24 running C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M (c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-58.SE2/c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin). I needed to limit the Bandwidth passed to a particular server on VLAN 30, but I was led to believe its not straightforward/possible at the SVI level. So, I tried using Srr-Queue but it looks like QoS will need enabling before this can take effect.

So, I'm hoping for some direction on what the best way forward would be ?

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/4
 switchport access vlan 30
 switchport mode access
 srr-queue bandwidth limit 60
end

SW1#sh mls qos interface g1/0/4 queueing
GigabitEthernet1/0/4
QoS is disabled. When QoS is enabled, following settings will be applied
Egress Priority Queue : disabled
Shaped queue weights (absolute) :  25 0 0 0
Shared queue weights  :  25 25 25 25
The port bandwidth limit : 60  (Operational Bandwidth:60.0)
The port is mapped to qset : 1

Many thanks,
Aravind

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Hmm, it does look that way, and if you do enable QoS globally, you might see a jump in drops across ports due to the way a 3750 allocates it buffers, by default, when QoS is enabled.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Hmm, it does look that way, and if you do enable QoS globally, you might see a jump in drops across ports due to the way a 3750 allocates it buffers, by default, when QoS is enabled.

Thank you Joseph ! It did need mls qos turning on and it did reset the ports like you said :). Sorted now but one question still. Is it not possible to do policing for egress traffic on SVIs instead , by using Policy-maps ?

Cheers

Disclaimer

Liability Disclaimer

Posting

If I remember correctly, 3750s only support ingress policing.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card