cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750X iOS Upgrade

HernanCISCO
Level 1
Level 1

What are the differences between those ios and which one should I choose to upgrade? .bin or .tar?

Can I upgrade the bios via browser?

Thnks fellas!!

IOS C3750X.JPG

2 Accepted Solutions
9 Replies 9

Thank you Mark!!

The strange thing happened, the switch starts perfectly but i lost the GUI interface via browser
Should I do a downgrade to a more stable ios?

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Hernan,

the file with extension bin is the normal image file format.

The file with .tar extension is a compressed file that needs to be decompressed.

In each case you need to download the image using the web broswer on your PC.

Later using an FTP server or a TFTP server software on your PC you can ask to the switch to copy the file to the flash , if there is enough free space by specifying the IP address of your PC and the filename.

To check free space use command dir

For using ftp you need to configure the ftp username and password on the swich in global config

ip ftp username <user>

ip ftp password <password>

then you exit the config mode

from # privilege prompt issue

copy ftp flash:

enter

the switch will ask you the IP of the PC and then the filename to download

Your FTP server needs to support the provided username/password pair and need to have the image file in the working directory of the FTP server.

For using TFTP

copy tftp flash:

Note: flash: is a generic name that may be not supported on your platform

use dir /all

to find out the right name.

As noted previously it is important to check the free space on the flash and to compare it with the file size of the image.

For optimal transfer it would be better to connect the PC directly to one of the switch ports.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks Giuseppe, i've already updated the ios via usb.
The strange thing happened, the switch starts perfectly but i lost the GUI interface via browser
Should I do a downgrade to a more stable ios?

Hi
Did you use a .tar or .bin file , in the bin the GUI doesn't come with it needs to be added separately , with ,tar it should all be included

you can download it separately and add it too in link below and add it to flash if you used a .bin

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/282979366/type

I used this one via browser:
UNIVERSAL WITH WEB BASE DEV MGR
c3750e-universalk9-tar.152-4.E7.tar

And now I used because the gui problem
IP BASE
c3750e-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE8.bin

if your using a .bin file you can add the GUI separately from the link i provided , add it to flash
Cisco Network Assistant is the file you need

It should of worked with a .tar file too though as they contain the GUI in the package

hi can you post the --show version--- command and the--- dir flash: ---output so we can see exactly whats in place
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card