Views
Helpful
Replies

Max filesize in kron and event manager TFTP Backup

Harrie Hendriks
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are made every Saturday a backup of the configuration with a kron script. We have (in this example) a 2 stack catalyst 3850 switch.

kron occurrence Backup at 10:12 Sat recurring
 policy-list Backup
!
kron policy-list Backup
 cli copy system:/running-config tftp://x.x.x.x/<hostname>-confg

The backup is successfull, but the filesize of the Backup on the TFTP server is 64 kB, and stops in the configuration with Interface GigabitEthernet 2/0/47. The BAckup is not completed and useless for restoring.

I try it with a script in the event manager, but the result is the same. Filesize on the TFTP server is 64 kB, and useless for restoring.

If I made a backup via the cli the filezise will be 70 kB and complete and usefull for restoring.

TFTP configuration on the switch:

ip tftp source-interface Vlanxxx
ip tftp blocksize 8192

We have some older CAT4500 series switches and they have a config of 322 kB and they arrived complete on the TFTP

Has anyone some suggestions or a golden tip.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what is the TFTP Server you using ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

SolarWinds TFTP server

Hello,

the blocksize is client initiated, SolarWinds will take whatever is configured. I would go with 1400...

1400 can be a good solution, so it will be in 1 packet. But i think it's not the reason while in a script de filesize on the tftp server will be 64 kB.

Harrie Hendriks
Level 1
Level 1

In the last few months I let it some resting, but the problem is stil there.

all Backups from a Stack are bigger then 64 KB, but on the TFTP Server I recieve 64KB.

Maybe there is some new here who knows the problem.

Best regards,

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card