cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c831

kristiant
Level 1
Level 1

I have a c81 that used to run  ios c831-k9o3sy6-mz.124-19.bin but it crached after a d-ram failure i have replased the default ram but no mather what now the router only detecks the new chips to be 16mb  adding the total to 48mb  i tryd several types orginal and 3-party ram

any ideas

Kristan

2 Replies 2

buchholr
Level 1
Level 1

There are two generations of the 831.  The earlier generations only had 32 MB onboard, and the later versions had 48 MB onboard.  However, both only permitted a 16 MB card to be installed int the DRAM slot.

Here is a link to the memory upgrade documentation for the 800 series routers:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/routers/access/800/hardware/notes/800upgrd.html#wp41897

It sound like your router is doing what it is supposed to do in terms of the memory in the DRAM slot.

You may have had part of your onboard memory fail.

HTH,

Robert

i found out about this some days back, but i now starting to wonder if it`s wasnt the expand memory that was faulty but

some of the onboard memory itself.

As i told i used to use c831-k9o3sy6-mz.124-19.bin and this version requires 64mb dram so i have had to got the newer

version of the router and whit the expasion ram adding it up to a total of 80, so the only logical explanation i got at this point is

thats the onboard memory itself thats faulty.

Regards

Kristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card