Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys, I have tried connecting 2 switch using a trunk port in able for VLAN to run on 2950 switch, 2950 and 2960G, but the problem is, it keeps going up and down when I check the logs. The client experienced intermittent network connection by this ...

gagamboy15 by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I wanted to setup a VPN to connect users out side of the office(on company controled computers) to NAS drives on the inside comany network to access their files.First off is there another way to do this with out VPN? Secondly what would be the config...

I have got some strange experience when I install the C6509.I configured the boorvar like following.boot system flash sup-bootdisk: *.binboot system flash disk0: *.bin* means the IOS name, I'm not typed like * :)If I configured above, The first boot ...

syjeon by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI need some help creating an access list for some VLANs.It`s Cisco 3550s and 3560sI use to do this the following way:I create a extended ACLaccess-list 101 permit icmp any any ttl-exceededI create a access mapvlan access-map ACL101action dropmat...

perpaal by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, can you clarify this;when I do on my L3 switch:'show ip pim autorp' I do not see any rp listed.Then if I do 'show ip pim rp' I see rp's listed. On the respective L3 switch, I do not see any rp listed manually. Question:How are RP's being detected...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have two rp-addresses configured, 10.10.22.1 and 10.20.25.1. One of them has an access-list configured only allowing 224.0.24.0 0.0.0.255, while the other does not have an access list. My question is why is is that the multicast group 224.0.24.6 ...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card