Helpful
Replies

C9200L - PTP supported?

henry.e85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

does C9200L support PTP?
If yes, I assume I need an advantage licence?

I barely find something about it.
I have C9200L with 16.9.3 and essential license and there are no commands for "PTP".

Thank you & regards,
Henry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Henry!

PTP is supported on the Catalyst 9000 series switches with an advantage license only.

PTP is NOT AVAILABLE for Catalyst 9200 switches. (ref: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat9000-wp-cte-en.pdf Slide 12).

You will need to upgrade to at least a 9300 series switch to have PTP functionality.

Should you upgrade, I've attached a chart of license features for your reference here:

Network Essentials and Advantage package features

Features

Network Essentials

Network Advantage

Switch fundamentals
Layer 2, Routed Access (RIP, EIGRP Stub, OSPF - 1000 routes), PBR, PIM Stub Multicast (1000 routes)), PVLAN, VRRP, PBR, CDP, QoS, FHS, 802.1X, MACsec-128, CoPP, SXP, IP SLA Responder, SSO

Advanced switch capabilities and scale
BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, IS-IS, BSR, MSDP, PIM-BIDIR,* IP SLA, OSPF

Network segmentation
VRF, VXLAN, LISP, SGT, MPLS, mVPN

Automation
NETCONF, RESTCONF, gRPC, YANG, PnP Agent, ZTP/Open PnP, GuestShell (On-Box Python)

Telemetry and visibility
Model-driven telemetry, sampled NetFlow, SPAN, RSPAN

High availability and resiliency 
Nonstop Forwarding (NSF), Graceful Insertion and Removal (GIR), Fast Software Upgrade (FSU)

IOT integration
AVB, PTP, CoAP

Security
MACsec-256

Please let me know if you have any more questions about these switches or licensing features.

Sorry your switch doesn't support PTP!

Please remember to rate/mark this response if it was helpful to you!

Thanks, and have a great day!

-Zac

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hi Henry!

PTP is supported on the Catalyst 9000 series switches with an advantage license only.

PTP is NOT AVAILABLE for Catalyst 9200 switches. (ref: https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat9000-wp-cte-en.pdf Slide 12).

You will need to upgrade to at least a 9300 series switch to have PTP functionality.

Should you upgrade, I've attached a chart of license features for your reference here:

Network Essentials and Advantage package features

Features

Network Essentials

Network Advantage

Switch fundamentals
Layer 2, Routed Access (RIP, EIGRP Stub, OSPF - 1000 routes), PBR, PIM Stub Multicast (1000 routes)), PVLAN, VRRP, PBR, CDP, QoS, FHS, 802.1X, MACsec-128, CoPP, SXP, IP SLA Responder, SSO

Advanced switch capabilities and scale
BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, IS-IS, BSR, MSDP, PIM-BIDIR,* IP SLA, OSPF

Network segmentation
VRF, VXLAN, LISP, SGT, MPLS, mVPN

Automation
NETCONF, RESTCONF, gRPC, YANG, PnP Agent, ZTP/Open PnP, GuestShell (On-Box Python)

Telemetry and visibility
Model-driven telemetry, sampled NetFlow, SPAN, RSPAN

High availability and resiliency 
Nonstop Forwarding (NSF), Graceful Insertion and Removal (GIR), Fast Software Upgrade (FSU)

IOT integration
AVB, PTP, CoAP

Security
MACsec-256

Please let me know if you have any more questions about these switches or licensing features.

Sorry your switch doesn't support PTP!

Please remember to rate/mark this response if it was helpful to you!

Thanks, and have a great day!

-Zac

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card