Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300-48T can't access web gui

apukareem
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've had this issue before but it's cleared up on its own. This time however it has not. After using the Web GUI (and logging in multiple times due to a short login time) eventually it stops letting me connect. On Firefox I get the below. I can still connect via console, but use of the Web GUI would be nice. We have 5 of these switches, a stack of 3 and a stack of 2 and I've had it happen on both stacks. Is there some command I can run that will reset the connect to the GUI? Thank you for your time.

Connection keep-alive
Content-Type application/json
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2022 23:00:58 GMT
Server nginx
Transfer-Encoding chunked

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the complete output to the command "sh version".

apukareem
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for getting back to me Leo. I'll have to provide it tomorrow unfortunately as I'm not near the switch. I should have been prepared for that question, apologies.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since you mentioned you had this before also and fixed automatically ? as suggested we need to show version to confirm is there any bugs.

Suggestion :

1. post show version

2. Try different browser

3. try difference PC

4. post also show logging

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

apukareem
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried 4 browsers; Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer.

I've tried multiple PC's. I believe this may be tied to the WSMA? I've done a lot of web searching but my lack of results may be due to me not searching for the correct issue as I don't understand it well enough. From what I have read and vaguely understand, it's possibly not letting go of active sessions?

"show logging" doesn't work

>show logging
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

>show version
Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.08.01a
Cisco IOS Software [Fuji], Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT9K_IOSXE), Version 16.8.1a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2018 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 03-Apr-18 18:49 by mcpre

Cisco IOS-XE software, Copyright (c) 2005-2018 by cisco Systems, Inc.
All rights reserved. Certain components of Cisco IOS-XE software are
licensed under the GNU General Public License ("GPL") Version 2.0. The
software code licensed under GPL Version 2.0 is free software that comes
with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You can redistribute and/or modify such
GPL code under the terms of GPL Version 2.0. For more details, see the
documentation or "License Notice" file accompanying the IOS-XE software,
or the applicable URL provided on the flyer accompanying the IOS-XE
software.

ROM: IOS-XE ROMMON
BOOTLDR: System Bootstrap, Version 16.8.1r [FC4], RELEASE SOFTWARE (P)

i would advise to upgrade this 16.8.1a -immediately  to higher version due to security vulnerable.

https://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2020-3219/

BB

I thought I my reply posted but I guess not. Am I to assume correctly you mean the Cisco IOS XE Software version? This is a switch stack of 3 with an etherchannel to a stack of 2. I've never updated software on a stack before. Is it easy to do the whole stack at the same time? Does the switch have to reboot to take the update or does it remain running?

Look a the version you looking to upgrade - read the releae notes,

you can upgrade whole stack same time, this required downtime for the whole stack to reboot.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/products-installation-guides-list.html

Once you move to new version 17.X  IOS XE, you need to enable software license using smart License method

https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-software-documents/new-deployment-method-for-smart-licensing/ta-p/4167670

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card