cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

c9300 Stack Issues

munchl4xx
Level 1
Level 1

I have just got some brand new C9300s, I have them ready and have stacked their cables per the required for using 3 but the master switch still wont see the others, did I miss something ?

I tried booting each switch in order too.

M

7 Replies 7

Hello,

Make sure you attend to this requirements.  Other

Restrictions for Switch Stacks

The following are restrictions for your switch stack configuration:

• Only homogenous stacking is supported, that is, a stack of Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches stack with only Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series Switches as stack members.

Cisco Catalyst 9300L Series Switches stack with only Cisco Catalyst 9300L Series Switches as stack members.

C9300-24UB, C9300-24UXB, and C9300-48UB switches can only be stacked with each other.

• During a switchover, when the standby device syncs with the active device, the following log message is displayed on the console:

%SM-4-BADEVENT: Event 'standby_phy_link_up' is invalid for 
    the current state 'NO_NEIGHBOR': rep_lsl_rx Gix/x/x -Traceback=

Ignore this message. It does not have any functional or operational impact.

• You cannot have a switch stack containing a mix of different license levels.

Stack# show version
show version, I think there is no compatibility between SW

But these are 3 brand new C9300-48P-E V05 units that came with stacking cables and they are all on the same OS there is no reason why they're not compatible ?

Just I want to see show version

@MHM Cisco World Version 17.11.01 BootLDR 17.6.1r

Post the complete output to the command "sh version".

I think the show version is different than the BootLDR in stack switch that why the stack is not form 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card