cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300L-24T-4G With C9300L 24P DNA Advantage License Reservation Status: NOT INSTALLED

TrungDV
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 

I Have C9300L-24T-4G Device And I Want To Add License C9300L 24P DNA Advantage To Device On Cisco Smart Account.

Device Already Have License C9300L 24P Network Advantage And It Is Working Well, Also Using Cisco Smart Account.

But When I Add License C9300L 24P DNA Advantage The Reservation Status Says Not Installed.

I Have A Few Questions About The Above:

1. I Followed the Reservation Steps According to the Documentation Issued by Cisco, But Still No Success, Is There Any Documentation That Can Help Me In The Above Problem.

2. On My Smart Account, Device C9300L-24T-4G Still Reserved 2 Licenses : C9300L 24P Network Advantage And C9300L 24P DNA Advantage, Can The Device Use License C9300L 24P DNA Advantage Even If Reservation Status Is Not Installed ?

Here Is The Document I Use To Add License To The Device 

Below I have attached the Device Log File

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

New Deployment Method for Smart Licensing

Upgrade to, a minimum, 17.3.2 and do not need to worry about Cisco Smart License.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware is the switch running on?

Thanks For Reply

My C9300L-24T-4G Is Running On Version 16.12.2r

New Deployment Method for Smart Licensing

Upgrade to, a minimum, 17.3.2 and do not need to worry about Cisco Smart License.

16.12.2r is likely a ROMMON version (indicated by 'r'). The IOSXE version is displayed in the first line of "show version".

Did you follow the steps under "Update Reserved Licenses" procedure? After reserving additional licenses you would generate a new Auth Code (including both Network Advantage and DNA Advantage licenses) that needs to be installed on the switch.

@Michal Stanczyk wrote:

16.12.2r is likely a ROMMON version (indicated by 'r'). 

Until someone decided to go on their own and released IOS-XE 17.2.1r (IOS XE 17.2.1r: Single again and Ready to Mingle!).

NOTE:  The "reason" to call the version 17.2.1r does not pass the "pub test".  

TrungDV
Level 1
Level 1

I will try upgrading the firmware to 17.3.2 to see if that works

Thanks for the reply

@TrungDV wrote:

I will try upgrading the firmware to 17.3.2 to see if that works

17.3.4 has already been released on the first of July 2021.  Upgrade to that instead.

And IT WORK,

Thank you so much for the guide !

In IOSXE 17.3.2 and newer there's Smart Licensing Using Policy mechanims in place which is a slightly different from standard Smart Licensing.
The device no longer needs to be registered to the Smart Account prior to using the license but as per policy it needs to report the license usage to Cisco at certain periods (depends on whether perpetual or subscription licenses are in use) so the license usage is reflected on the Smart Account.

More details:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/216545-smart-licensing-using-policy-on-catalyst.html

HTH

Michal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: