Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300L - Software upgrade

Antony.xavier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We are planning of software upgrade in Cisco C9300L-48P-4G, current software version 16.12.2 to 16.12.3. But I see there are two option available in cisco website to downloads this software, with network advantage (Catalyst 9300-48P-A Switch) and network essential (Catalyst 9300-48P-E Switch).  Could you please suggest which one to select and steps to verify (CLI commands) if my 9300 switch has network advantage or essential.

Regards,

Antony 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ASA is a firewall. 

9200L is a switch.  Big difference in OS.  

Amsterdam, Gibraltar, Fiji, they are just "names".  Nothing significant nor important.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Will not make difference.  The files can be found HERE.

Do not forget to apply SMU (if applicable).

IMPORTANT:  Make sure to properly read the Release Notes.

Thanks for the reply,

Current version of Cisco 9300 switch is 16.12.2 the link provided shows the software version as Amsterdam 17.3.4 MD, so this means I can skip the versions 16.12.3, 16.12.3a, 16.12.4 and directly jump to  Amsterdam 17.3.4 MD ?

Please suggest if there is any CLI commands to verify if 9300 switch has network advantage or network essential license.

@Antony.xavier wrote:

Current version of Cisco 9300 switch is 16.12.2 the link provided shows the software version as Amsterdam 17.3.4 MD

The list of software version is located on the left-hand side.  Click the version you want. 

@Antony.xavier wrote:

so this means I can skip the versions 16.12.3, 16.12.3a, 16.12.4 and directly jump to  Amsterdam 17.3.4 MD

Yes, direct upgrade to 17.3.X is supported.
Be aware that direct upgrade from 16.X.X to 17.X.X is a major upgrade and a mandatory ROMMON upgrade must be factored in for the change window.  

@Leo Laohoo   I could see the software images are tagged with different location for example Amsterdam, Gibraltar and so on, please confirm if there is difference between them. If yes, then could you please suggest for version of software to be download for example  ASA devices is in Singapore.

Thanks,

ASA is a firewall. 

9200L is a switch.  Big difference in OS.  

Amsterdam, Gibraltar, Fiji, they are just "names".  Nothing significant nor important.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card