Views
Helpful
Replies

C9400 Series SUP module interface

hjson0001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, all

I have a question regarding SUP module. (Exactly, interfaces on SUP module)

There are 10 interfaces on C9400-SUP-1XL, and I would like to know the purpose of these interfaces.

Can I use these ports for uplink and downlink? or Is this made for only stackwise virtual link?

If can use for up/down link, isn't there any performance issue about data traffic, latency, etc...

One of my customer wants to reduce budget so, he wants to use these interfaces on SUP module instead of C9400-LC-24XS.

If anyone know about this, plz let me know.

Thanks in advance...

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9400/hardware/sup_install/b-c9400-sup-note.html#id_53674

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Personally you can use start with StackWise virtual.

Remaining ports you can use for any uplink purpose / Down link ports if you do not have enough ports on the other blades or looking for 10G connectivity not supported other modules.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There are 8 10Gig ports on the sup. If you want to configure StackWise virtual, you need to put 2 10Gig ports aside for that. You can use the other 6 10Gig ports for down link, uplink or whatever else you want. The sup also comes with 2 40Gig interfaces and if you want to use 40Gig interfaces for StackWise virtual than there is no other ports left to use since breakout cables are not supported. So, in summary, you can use a total of 80Gig and not 8/10gig and 2 40gig all at the same time.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9400/software/release/16-9/configuration_guide/ha/b_169_ha_9400_cg/configuring_cisco_stackwise_virtual.html#concept_ad5_4wx_31b

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card