Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi   After a fairly serious spanning-tree issue for a customer, a review is being done around trunk link configrations etc for inconsistencies. Some switches have been found with a native vlan that isnt prese database, not sure if this is an issue or...

Hello Community, we are moving our 3850 Stacks from 3.7.5 to 16.6.4 and are facing 'diffuse' problems like "not enough flash space" although only 3.7.5 in flash (see below), update successful after second try or even stacks auto-copying old SW over t...

hhaeupler by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ,   I've read your post on "Unable to change boot file on Cisco 3850 "   Have action your instruction and works well untill the switch reloads   I've attached the full upgrade in a txt file   Assistance would be greatly appreciated   Regards,Theod...

Hi,   Probably an easy question, but just wanted to find out if there is a way to lock down a Cellular interface to a GSM band to stop it constantly choosing bands which may have a stronger signal but a much slower speed. Using a Cisco 897 with dual ...

jdt_101 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

First off i want to say not a networking guy so sorry ahead of time.  Here is the situation i am facing.   Switch a  has a fiber line and an Ethernet line running to switch B.  We want to have both lines up and running in the case of the fiber line g...

Hi Community,   I have a situation where I need two hosts connected to a 2960G switch to send wire-speed broadcast traffic (all F's), between the two hosts.  The two hosts are the only devices on this isolated VLAN and there is no layer 3 interface f...

Hey all   I am having a problem with a 3850-24XS. All traffic stops for 3 pings then returns to normal. Running a constant ping from multiple endpoints on trunk connected switches to multiple ports reveals 3 ping timeouts every 5 - 45 minutes resulti...

Cybervex3 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I set up a lab with a switch and a isp routeur connected to it. I can't ping internet from the switch but i can ping the router internal interface (192.168.1.1). set up: SW2960X   -------> ISP routeur ( no access to it, no modification can be...

Solanin19 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi   Does the 250 Series switches support IP Source Guard feature? I'm looking at the SG250-10P specifically, but I don't see clearly anywhere if the switch has the required feature?

Gander84 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I've got 3 Cisco 3750E stacks and would like to turn on bpdu guard on the access interfaces. We are running rstp and I've set one port to port-fast and bpduguard. However when I plugged in an HP switch (set to factory defaults) and a cheap lin...

jkay18041 by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are transitioning from older Brocade layer 3 switches to Catalyst 3850 switches with the DC power supplies. With the Brocade switches we ran one power supply to A power and the other power supply to B power. The CPWR-C1-440WDC power supplies of th...

Sherms by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card