Views
Helpful
Replies

C9500 Essentials how to add License Advantage

rfurukawasr3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello dear,

We have a Catalyst C9500 Essentials and we buy a license to Advantage. How can I upgrade or install/use/activate the Network Advantage Features on this switch?

We have advantage license for use on C9500, but we don't know how to set on device!!!! 

5 Replies 5

license right-to-use activate network-advantage all acceptEULA

reload

There is no "right-to-use" command in global mode on CLI ...

SWITCH1(config)#license ?
   air AIR License
   boot license boot config commands
   smart Smart licensing

SWITCH1(config)#license

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

adding to other comment : after adding you need to reload to get new license get active ;

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/16-6/configuration_guide/sys_mgmt/b_166_sys_mgmt_9500_cg/b_166_sys_mgmt_9500_cg_chapter_011.html#task_gfk_vvj_n1b

Note: Hope you have a smart License entitled to use that License.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

rfurukawasr3
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

Thanks for your explanation, but after reboot I didn't understand how the device will know that there is an advantage license available for it? 

After the reboot will it start with a temporary license? And then proceed with the activation? Or will it be necessary to configure the switch for access to the smart account? Do we need to generate any key or activation code in the license portal? 

I didn't really understand the activation method on switches 9000 séries. Thanks.

We have already purchased the licenses, they are available on the Cisco license portal. But we don't understand how to associate and activate licenses to switches.

Hi @rfurukawasr3 

A bit trick this new Cisco licensing system. In fact, once you activate it, it will work with no problem. You may see some logs somewhere but the thruth is, it will work.

But, the correct procedure is to connect the device to the smart accounting , as you mentioned. However, in order to to that, your device has to have internet access and not all companies permit that.

You can also use call home and on premise server and then you allow this server to talking with cisco cloud.  But I can assure you, I was working in a company and for a year or more we hadn´t activated this licensing system yet and things were working just fine.

This video explain exactly the procedure to connect devices to the cisco cloud. Take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HK3klxgUJvk 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card